Hey y’all! My name is Hannah and I also go by soluna413. I’m a Korean-American born in California and raised in NY, and after completing my BA in Anthropology with a minor in Spanish, I now teach English abroad in St. Petersburg, Russia. I adore languages and culture, and I have an extreme love of traveling and learning about different ways of life. I began my foray into the world of k-dramas many moons ago and haven’t been able to turn back since. I find watching dramas to be comforting as well as inducing fangirly tendencies because it makes me feel connected to my ethnicity while simultaneously providing me with countless hours of mind-numbing entertainment.
Along with k-dramas, I am completely and utterly obsessed with movies (I’m one of those people who can watch a movie over and over until I’m able to quote along with the dialogue) and shopping is my guilty pleasure that I turn to whenever I need stress relief. Along with starting this blog, I was a member of the k-drama fansubbing team WITHS2 as a translator. Thanks for coming, and hope you enjoy your stay!
Random facts about me:
- I speak three languages, English being my mother tongue, Korean and Spanish. I’m also learning Russian and have taken classes in both French and American Sign Language. It’s one of my goals in life to become fluent in at least five languages.
- I absolutely adore children and my dream is to work at an orphanage in the future.. or maybe even open up my own.
- I collect DVDs and have hundreds of them in my prized stash.
- I love fashion and I consider it a blessing that I don’t have the money to buy myself designer-name clothing and/or accessories because I’d probably drive myself into bankruptcy if I did.
- I cannot tolerate ignorance and injustice. I’m not afraid to fight for what I think is right.
- And last but not least, I started my activities with WITHS2 as a translator in January of 2010 initially because I wanted to make my knowledge of the Korean language and culture more extensive, and although I am unable to continue with my translating because of how busy I have become, my experiences as a fansubber greatly contributed to my reconnecting with my Korean roots and appreciating just how vast the Hallyu wave has become.